Site C Project
On December 11, 2017, the B.C. government committed to completing construction of BC Hydro's Site C hydroelectric dam project.
In making the announcement, Premier John Horgan stated that while Site C should never have been started, the project has been pushed past the point of no return over the past few years. To cancel would have meant asking British Columbians to take on almost $4 billion in debt with nothing in return for the people of the province and, even worse, with a high risk of cuts to service and projects families count on.
Government announced a Site C turnaround plan to contain costs, provide enhanced project oversight, and expand benefits to people and communities.
Find out more in the links to documents below:
- February 26, 2021 News Release
- BC Hydro's Site C Clean Energy Project
- Site C Technical Briefing, December 11, 2017
- Milburn Summary Review
- Site C Geotechnical Safety Overview Report
- Site C Milburn Report
- Site C Technical Briefing Deck
- Government Site C News Release, December 11, 2017
- British Columbia Utilities Commission Inquiry Respecting Site C, Final Report November 1, 2017