Robson Valley Sustainable Resource Management Plans
The Robson Valley Sustainable Resource Management Plan (SRMP) is a consolidated and coordinated approach to planning at the landscape level for specific values on Crown land in the Robson Valley.
Sustainable resource management plans are a planning tool for the B.C. government to implement strategic land use plans, identify economic opportunities and conserve environmental values. The goal of the plans is to provide objectives that will be site specific, results-based and operationally relevant. The scale of SRMPs occurs at various scales from 1:10,000 to 1:100,000.
In the Robson Valley LRMP plan area, there are sustainable resource management plans for the:
- Delineation of specific areas for agriculture land development
- Management and conservation of old growth forest and wildlife movement corridors
Old Growth Forest Management
Conserving old growth forest is an important component of the Robson Valley LRMP and a critical element in the management of biodiversity at the landscape scale. The Robson Valley LRMP provides direction to ensure the protection of old-growth forests into the future. Old growth forests are management in three distinct ways in the Robson Valley:
- Order Establishing Provincial Non-Spatial Old Growth Objectives (PDF) for legal establishment of old growth targets in the McBride to Valemount corridor
- Legal establishment of spatial Old Growth Management Areas (OGMAs) in the North and South ends of the TSA
- Draft Old Growth Management Areas in the South Trench and Holmes Landscape Unit under Section 8 of the Order Establishing Provincial Non-Spatial Old Growth Objectives
Wildlife Movement Corridors
Enhanced Riparian Management zones are legally established to facilitate the success of wildlife species that require riparian habitat. These wildlife movement corridors are for specific waterbodies in the south half of the TSA and were jointly established under the OGMA legal orders.
The Robson Valley LRMP provides guidance on the management of the visual landscape to ensure scenic quality is maintained through the designation of scenic areas and visual quality objectives. The Robson Valley SRMP for visual management was a technical process that assessed the landscape visual sensitivity and determine appropriate level of visual alterations.
Agriculture Land Development
The Robson Valley LRMP identifies agriculture and grazing as important socio-economic values with objectives to ensure agriculture capabilities are maintained in the long term. The Robson Valley LRMP provides General Management Direction to map and designate areas for the specific use of agriculture expansion to minimize the conflict between agriculture and grazing with other resources uses.
The Robson Valley SRMP – Agriculture Development Areas (ADAs) was a planning process to legally designate specific parcels of crown land for agriculture development and settlements reserves area.
- Valemount Crown Land Plan (PDF, 1MB)
Robson Valley Legal OGMAs:
- Canoe LU: OGMA and Wildlife Corridor Placement (PDF, 17.8MB)
- Dawson LU: OGMA Placement (PDF, 10MB)
- East Kinbasket LU: OGMA and Wildlife Corridor Placement (PDF, 28MB)
- Foster LU: OGMA and Corridor Placement (PDF, 24MB)
- Hugh Allan LU: OGMA and Wildlife Corridor Placement (PDF, 20MB)
- Kiwa Tete LU: OGMA and Wildlife Corridor Placement (PDF, 11.6MB)
- North Robson Valley: Goat Draft OGMAs (PDF, 14MB)
- South Trench LU: OGMA and Wildlife Corridor Placement (PDF, 26.6MB)
- West Kinbasket LU: OGMA Placement (PDF, 14.5MB)
- Figure 6: Connectivity within the Valemount Integrated Land Use Plan Area - Wildlife Habitat and Protected Areas (PDF, 28MB)
- Section 8 of the Order Establishing Provincial Non-Spatial Old Growth Objectives (PDF)
- Order Establishing East/West Kinbasket, Hugh Allan, Foster and Dawson Landscape Unit Objectives - 2005 (PDF)
- Order Establishing Crescent Spur, Lower Morkill/Cushing, Forgetmenot, Upper Morkill, North Trench and Goat Landscape Unit Objectives (PDF)
- Legal Order to Establish Kiwa-Tete / Canoe Landscape Unit Objectives (PDF)
- Order Establishing South Trench, West Kinbasket and Landscape Unit Objectives in the Canoe Mountain Zone - 2003 (PDF)
- Order Establishing Agriculture Development Areas Outside Boundaries of McBride Community Forest (PDF)