The purchase and sale of poultry and products in British Columbia is legislated by the Agricultural Produce Grading Act and regulated by the Hatchery Regulation, Live Dressed and Eviscerated Poultry Regulation and Shell Egg Grading Regulation.
Completed application forms should be submitted to the Animal Health Centre.
- Application for a Producer Grader Licence (PDF)
- Application for a Licence to Produce Egg Product (PDF)
- Application for Licence to Sell Reject Eggs (PDF)
- Agriculture Produce Grading Act Bond - Example (PDF)
Application for a Licence to Purchase:
- Live Poultry (PDF) & Bonding Requirement (PDF)
- Ungraded Eggs (PDF) & Bonding Requirement (PDF)
- Reject Eggs (PDF)
- Inedible Eggs (PDF)
Small flocks are common on acreages across British Columbia. British Columbia has produced a comprehensive manual to guide small-flock owners in managing their birds.