COVID-19 Links for Strata Housing
Last Updated: November 27, 2020
More information on this page about strata housing and COVID-19:
The National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health (NCCEH) has resources for multi-unit strata housing. The NCCEH is a knowledge translation unit funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada and hosted within the BC Centre of Disease Control.
- COVID-19 Precautions for Multi-unit Residential Buildings with detailed information on cleaning and other precautions
- Laundry room poster for shared laundry rooms to reduce COVID-19 transmission
- Environmental Health resources for the COVID-19 pandemic
Provincial Health Officer and the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCDC)
- information on wearing non-medical masks
- physical distancing
- limits on gatherings to household members only
BC Ministry of Health COVID-19 posters
- The Dos and Don’ts of self-isolation
- The differences between self-isolating due to travel, illness, or other reasons
COVID-19 emergency measures tracker
- This emergency measures webpage from the law firm of McCarthy Tetrault tracks all the COVID-19 emergency measures from Canada, B.C. and the other provinces and territories. Canada is listed first and then followed by B.C. The webpage is regularly updated.
CHOA (Condominium Homeowners Association) COVID-19 resources
- COVID-19 Bulletins & Information for Managing Meetings During This Crisis
- Managing Coronavirus Risks & Strata Corporation General Meetings
VISOA (Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association) COVID-19 resources
- COVID 19 and Strata Corporations
- Guidance regarding AGMs and SGMs
- COVID-19 resources for strata corporations.
The Real Estate Council of BC COVID-19 resources
- COVID-19 and Real Estate Services: Guidance for real estate professionals (including strata managers and REALTORS®) and consumers
- The COVID-19 Pandemic – Advice for Strata Corporations (Clark Wilson LLP)
- The COVID-19 Pandemic – Financial Issues for Strata Corporations (Clark Wilson LLP)
LandlordBC’s COVID-19 webpage
COVID-19 information continues to evolve as the status of the pandemic evolves and as Canadians learn more about the disease and best practices.
To support strata residents, staff from the Ministry of Attorney General and Minister Responsible for Housing, the Ministry of Finance, the Real Estate Council of BC, strata homeowner associations and strata property managers are meeting regularly to identify and address emerging issues and share resources.
Strata associations, regulators and professionals have produced some useful advice for strata councils, strata residents and strata managers. This web content aims to help you navigate that advice and to supplement it where necessary. As information can change, please look for the date on this page (and others) for when it was last updated to determine how current it is.
The information above is provided as a resource for strata councils and residents, but it is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice. Please refer to the full disclaimer for more information.
Find It Fast: The site map for the Province's strata housing website.