COVID-19 links for strata housing
Last Updated: March 21, 2022
More information on this page with respect to strata housing in British Columbia and COVID-19:
The National Collaborating Centre for Environmental Health (NCCEH)
The centre offers extensive COVID-19 resources including information and advice for multi-unit housing. The NCCEH is a knowledge translation unit funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada and hosted within the BC Centre of Disease Control.
- Environmental Health resources for responding to COVID-19
Provincial Health Officer and the BC Centre for Disease Control (BCCDC)
The BCCDC has extensive information on responding to COVID-19 including information on:
COVID-19 posters from BCCDC
COVID-19 emergency measures tracker
- This emergency measures webpage from the law firm of McCarthy Tetrault tracks all the COVID-19 emergency measures from Canada, B.C. and the other provinces and territories. Canada is listed first and then followed by B.C. The webpage is regularly updated.
CHOA (Condominium Home Owners Association) COVID-19 resources
- CHOA (Condominium Home Owners Association) offers detailed information on responding to COVID-19.
VISOA (Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association) COVID-19 resources
- “Best Practices for General Meetings” (PDF, 80KB, November 2021) and prepared by a lawyer
- VISOA has also posted other COVID-19 resources for strata corporations.
The BC Financial Services Authority (BCFSA) COVID-19 resources
- COVID-19 and Real Estate Services: Guidance for real estate professionals (including strata managers and REALTORS®) and consumers
To support strata residents, staff from the Ministry of Attorney General and Minister Responsible for Housing, the Ministry of Finance, the BC Financial Services Authority (BCSFSA), strata homeowner associations and strata property managers meet regularly to identify and address emerging strata-related issues and share resources.
Strata associations, regulators and professionals have produced some useful advice for strata councils, strata residents and strata managers. This web content helps you navigate that advice and to supplement it where necessary. As information can change, please look for the date on this page (and others) for when it was last updated to determine how current it is.
The information above is provided as a resource for strata councils and residents, but it is not intended to be a substitute for legal advice. Please refer to the full disclaimer for more information.
Find it fast: The site map for the Province's strata housing website listing all the strata housing webpages.