Explore links to housing organizations in B.C. and Canada
BC Housing is a Crown Corporation that supports social housing, affordable housing, rent supplements, outreach to people who are homeless, emergency shelters and regulates residential construction. BC Housing reports to the Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing.
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
- Affordable Housing Centre: Works with private and non-profit developers to facilitate the creation of new affordable housing without federal subsidies by providing information about financial assistance available and some of the most comprehensive housing resources available in Canada.
- Housing Affordability: Offers many other resources on housing affordability.
Canadian Home Builders' Association of British Columbia
Find several resources, including presentations from the Housing Affordability Symposium sponsored by the Canadian Home Builders’ Association of B.C. Within Your Means
Pacific Housing Research Network (PHRN)
The Pacific Housing Research Network is a provincial organization that facilitates housing research in B.C. by connecting researchers and practitioners and disseminating knowledge to apply to real housing solutions.
Other housing organizations in B.C.
- Aboriginal Housing Management Association (AHMA)
- Active Manufactured Home Owners Association (AMHOA)
- Architectural Institute of British Columbia (AIBC)
- British Columbia Construction Association (BCCA)
- BC Non-profit Housing Association (BCNPHA)
- British Columbia Real Estate Association (BCREA)
- Condominium Home Owners Association (CHOA)
- Cooperative Housing Federation of BC (CHF BC)
- The Manufactured Home Park Owners Alliance of British Columbia (MHPOABC)
- Planning Institute of British Columbia (PIBC)
- Tenant Resource and Advisory Centre (TRAC)
- Union of British Columbia Municipalities (UBCM)
- Urban Development Institute (UDI)
- Vancouver Island Strata Owners Association (VISOA)
The content on this website is periodically reviewed and updated by the Province of British Columbia as per the date noted on each page: January 22, 2018.