B.C. Knowledge Development Fund
The B.C. Knowledge Development Fund (BCKDF) supports the development of research infrastructure, like labs and equipment. The BCKDF helps B.C.'s institutions attract researchers, skilled technicians, and research users. Supporting research infrastructure can foster innovation and help institutions collaborate with industry.
The BCKDF provides funding for:
- Public post-secondary institutions
- Research hospitals
- Affiliated non-profit agencies
Researchers must contact their research service office before applying.
Only eligible institutions may submit a proposal to the BCKDF. Individual researchers are not eligible.
For more information about the BCKDF, please refer to the BCKDF Guidelines (DOC, 843KB).
To ensure you submit your proposal on time, please review the BCKDF Deadlines (DOC, 364KB).
Eligible project costs are shared among funding partners:
- The BCKDF funds up to 40 percent
- The Canada Foundation for Innovation funds up to 40 percent
- Remaining project costs for eligible projects are funded by other partners. These may include private partners or research institutions