Plan & Report for Crown Corporations
They communicate their governance and accountabilities through:
Crown corporations must follow the spirit and intent of B.C. government core policies and procedures and comply with all applicable legislation, policies and guidelines, including:
- Meets compensation reporting requirements
- Discloses executive and excluded compensation
- Meets and reports on carbon neutral requirements
- Meets reporting requirements outlined in the Public Sector Employers Act
- Meets reporting requirements outlined in the Budget Transparency and Accountability Act
- Ensures required policies are implemented, such as:
Each Crown corporation is also accountable to its enabling legislation. Learn more about B.C.'s Crown corporations and the current mandate letters, services plans and annual reports for Crown corporations.
Principles & Best Practices
Principles and guidelines direct Crown corporation planning and reporting:
- Performance reporting principles (PDF)
- Standards of conduct guidelines (PDF)
- Executive compensation disclosure guidelines (PDF)
Learn more about responsibilities and best practices for people and agencies that contribute to public sector management.