Ministry IM/IT Policies and Standards
Government-wide standards apply to all ministries, however ministries often have standards for information management and information technology that apply specifically to a ministry or sector (which is a collection of ministries). Standards may include rules and constraints governing software and hardware. In addition, work conducted needs to adhere to any naming, content, and requirements of a ministry Software Configuration Management Methodology, and applicable Source Material Management Policies and Procedures. Deliverables provided to a ministry are reviewed against ministry standards as part of the ministry's quality assurance (QA) and design review process.
Ministry IM/IT standards may be updated at any time. There is a requirement to keep up-to-date with applicable standards. If you are working with a ministry in IM/IT, and the ministry has not published its standards, ask what standards will apply.
- Ministry of Jobs, Trade & Technology
- Ministry of Labour
- Ministry of Municipal Affairs & Housing
- Ministry of Tourism, Arts & Culture
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Energy, Mines & Petroleum Resources
- Ministry of Environment & Climate Change Strategy
- Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development
- Ministry of Indigenous Relations & Reconciliation