The Provincial Identity Information Management (IDIM) Program continues to do extensive testing of identity and authentication services, including:
- Functionality for all identity information management, login processes, and interfaces
Your tests can confidently treat the BC Services Card identity and authentication services as a black box.
The purpose of integration testing is to confirm that the interface between your online service and the BC Services Card Authentication Service has been implemented correctly by IDIM and your technical team. To complete integration testing, your team will confirm connectivity between your system and ours, as well as any related test scenarios that validate your use cases.
What to Test
Your team will need to test your service to confirm that it works properly with the identity and authentication service and that it meets all security requirements.
The following categories should be the focus of your integration testing:
Integration between systems
- Is the login process correctly initiated from your service?
- When the tester goes to log in from your service, are they directed to the appropriate login screen?
- Is the tester able to complete a successful login?
- If the tester cancels out of the login process, are they directed to the appropriate page?
- Is appropriate messaging displayed?
- Is the logout process correctly initiated from your service?
- When the tester goes to logout from your service, does the session end correctly?
Identity attributes: Does your system receive the correct identity attributes from the identity and authentication service after the tester has logged in?
You need to check that these identity attributes are being passed from the identity and authentication service.
Branding: Does the correct branding appear on all login screens?
Testing activities should be based on the technical design specifications created earlier in your project - they outline the expectations that must be met by the interface.
The IDIM team will provide you with test identities, passcodes, data (e.g., names and addresses), and a virtual card testing mode to simplify testing.
Support During Testing
When you are ready to test your system, the IDIM team is happy to offer support. The team will help to work through any issues that come up during this phase.