Francophone Affairs Program
Did you know that the Francophone Affaires Program distributes the Government of British-Columbia’s news releases and information bulletins that are translated in French? Subscribe to the news releases and information bulletins here.
The B.C. Francophone Affairs Program (FAP) supports programs and services in French for approximately 70,000 Francophones and 300,000 Francophiles in B.C. to ensure our French-speaking community has access to information it needs.
The Francophone Affairs Program provides the following services:
- Supports the planning and delivery of French language government services
- Serves as a liaison between the government and French-speaking organizations in the province
- Provides funding opportunities to deliver programs or services in French
- Organizes and coordinates the delivery of B.C. Francophonie Day at the B.C. Legislature
- Supports B.C.’s participation in the Ministerial Conference on the Canadian Francophonie
We invite you to read the most recent annual report (PDF), as well as the list of projects (PDF) supported by the B.C. Francophone Affairs program through the Canada – British Columbia Agreement on French Language Services.
To find out about other programs and services supported by the B.C. government, you can request a call-back to speak with a Service BC representative in French.