Francophone Affairs Program
The B.C. Francophone Affairs Program (FAP) supports programs and services in French for approximately 70,000 Francophones and 300,000 Francophiles in B.C. to ensure our French-speaking community has access to information it needs.
The Francophone Affairs Program provides the following services:
- Supports the planning and delivery of French language government services
- Serves as a liaison between the government and French-speaking organizations in the province
- Provides funding opportunities to deliver programs or services in French
- Organizes the provincial celebration of B.C. Francophonie Day
- Supports B.C.’s participation in the Minister’s Council on the Canadian Francophonie
We invite you to read the most recent annual report (PDF), as well as the list of projects (PDF) supported by the B.C. Francophone Affairs program through the Canada – British Columbia Agreement on French Language Services.