Regulatory Reform Policy
The Regulatory Reform Policy guides the development and maintenance of provincial legislation, regulations, policies and forms. Its intent is to ensure all requirements are necessary, their impacts on citizens or businesses are identified and addressed, without compromising public health, safety, and the environment.
- Regulatory Reform Policy (PDF)
Tools and Best Practices
- Regulatory Reform Policy Companion Guide (PDF) The Companion Guide explains how to apply the five Regulatory Reform principles early in the process of developing or amending statutes, regulations, and associated policies and forms. It also includes a best practices toolkit to identify, measure and mitigate the impacts of regulatory changes, as well as guidance on completing the Regulatory Impact Checklist (RIC) and Regulatory Count Form when submitting a Request for Legislation (RFL) or an Order In Council (OIC) to Cabinet.
- Common Regulatory Costs and Benefits (PDF) Appendix to the Companion Guide - provides examples of common costs and benefits to assist policy teams in considering impacts on citizens, business and government.
- Policy Approaches Playbook (PDF) The playbook supports new and experienced analysts in understanding the most common policy approaches. It provides a framework to assist policy teams in selecting the most appropriate approach for their particular circumstances.
- Electronic Signatures Guide (PDF) The Electronic Signatures Guide draws on the lessons learned across government to provide a common starting point for policy and technical teams in navigating the requirements to build electronic signature solutions.
The Service Design Playbook (PDF) The Service Design Playbook describes a comprehensive method for the BC Public Service to design great services for British Columbians.
Aboriginal Policy and Practice Framework (PDF) The Aboriginal Policy and Practice Framework is intended to improve outcomes for Indigenous children, youth, families and communities through restorative policies and practices.