Working & Engaging with Youth
How plugged in to young people is your organization? Consider...
- How are youth involved as partners in your organization?
- Do youth have opportunities to contribute to the development of programs and services?
- Are youth involved in evaluating and improving practice?
- Do youth help shape the structure of your organization?
Use the toolkit to find effective ways for engaging young people at an organizational level. Their input can help:
- Make programs, services and policies more effective
- Keep your organization enthusiastic, energized and informed
- Young people develop their full potential
- Nurture the next generation of advocates for youth
The Youth Engagement Toolkit guides teams of adults and youth through a process of four collaborative meetings to:
- Explore values and beliefs about youth engagement
- Assess current youth engagement practice
- Create a plan to strengthen youth engagement
- Review progress towards strengthening youth engagement
The toolkit can be used by any group, team or organization. It doesn’t matter if you are new to youth engagement or very experienced and looking for new ideas.