Organics Infrastructure Program
The Organics Infrastructure Program (OIP) helps reduce greenhouse gas emissions by investing up to $30 million into projects that support:
- Increasing organic waste processing capacity in B.C.
- Keeping organic waste out of landfills
For example, projects that propose new or expanded facilities for composting and anaerobic digestion (i.e., converting organic waste to energy).
The Province developed the OIP in partnership with federal and local governments. The program is cost-shared, with $10 million dollars each provided by:
- The Government of Canada's Low Carbon Economy Leadership Fund
- The Government of British Columbia
- The recipients of the award
OIP funding for 2022
The second funding opportunity under the OIP is now closed to applications. For general information about the most recent intake, visit OIP funding for 2022.
Successful OIP recipients
Read about successful composting projects that have previously been awarded OIP funding.