Change the Name on a Water Licence

When you buy land that has a water licence attached, you must notify FrontCounter BC of the change. The water licence associated with the land transfers to the new landowner.

The new landowner becomes fully responsible for the water licence.

If you are buying land that has a water licence attached, make sure that you check for any unpaid licence amendment fees or other unpaid costs associated with the licence, including any outstanding annual rentals or late payment charges, or any other balances owing. As the new owner, you will take on these existing charges and are responsible for paying them.