A Business Walk offers an excellent opportunity for local leaders and representatives to connect with businesses face to face in an informal way. By taking the pulse of the business community, while at the same time identifying common themes for action, a community can become better equipped to support and stimulate economic activity in the area.
A Business Walk:
- provides an opportunity to increase awareness of programs and services available to business
- enables participants to communicate successes and obstacles to doing business in the area
- allows for Chambers of Commerce and service providers to share information about their organizations and the value they can provide to business owners
- provides the Lead Partner with the ability to track the business pulse over time to gauge the business climate, thus impacting program development, strategic planning and business climate messaging
- acts as a catalyst in establishing contact with individual businesses to identify those businesses that require follow up information or assistance