Economic Development Planning: Where To Start
Economic development planning starts with a look at your community to answer the following questions:
- Where are we now?
- Where do we want to be?
- Why aren't we there now?
- What needs to be done to get us there?
- Who is going to get us there?
- When is it going to be done?
- How will we know when we get there?
Answering these questions will allow you to determine the focus of your economic development plan. These answers will also allow you to identify which economic development model will work best in your community.
- Learn more about economic development models and how to select the right one for your community
- Read how to include economic development in your official community plan
- Find out more about the role of local governments and regional districts in economic development planning
- Use the Strategic Planning Toolkit to develop a long-term economic plan