Exiting a Business
When it’s time to close up shop, sell or hand off your business, proper planning is key. Learn what’s involved to make sure you meet all your legal and financial obligations.
Find the right strategy for selling your business or handing it over to someone else.
- Learn about succession planning
Closing your Business
Things to consider when closing a business include filing a final tax return, paying outstanding tax amounts, and financing succession planning.
- What are your legal requirements
- Learn about financial implications
- Learn how to dissolve your corporation
- Change your business status
- Find out how to close your tax accounts
- What to do if you have employees
Also inform the corporate registry if you are closing your business or organization. Find out how to dissolve or cancel registration for your: