Last update: June 2019.
A population estimate is a measure of the current or historical population. Every year, BC Stats releases total population estimates for these B.C. sub-provincial areas:
- 190 municipalities and unincorporated areas
- 29 census divisions (27 regional districts and two other regions)
- Eight development regions
- Census metropolitan areas
- Census agglomerations
These estimates are consistent in aggregate with the Statistics Canada produced annual (July 1) provincial level totals.
British Columbia Population Estimates
- Quarterly population, 1951-2019 (CSV)
- Annual population, July 1, 1867-2018 (CSV)
- Sub-provincial areas total population, 2001 to 2011 (XLSX)
- Sub-provincial areas total population, 2011 to 2018 (XLSX)
Population Estimates Application
Access, customize and download sub-provincial population estimate data by age and sex for various administrative areas.