Annual Report and Data Tables
Profile of the B.C. High Technology Sector – 2020 edition (released March 2021)
GDP and Employment Data for High Technology
High Technology Occupations
The following report is based on 2011 NHS and 2016 Census data
The following report was produced jointly by BC Stats and the Planning and Innovation branch of the Ministry of Jobs, Economic Development and Competitiveness
- Life Sciences in British Columbia: Sector Profile (June 2020) (PDF, 1.3 MB)
- Find more information about technology and innovation in B.C.
- Defining the B.C. High Technology Sector Using NAICS (December 2001) (PDF)
- The B.C. High Technology Sector, Input/Output Analysis (February 1996) (PDF)
- Defining the High Technology/Knowledge Sector in B.C. (January 1996) (PDF)
Note: the definition used to measure high technology has changed over the years.