Last updated: October 20, 2023
Open Enrolment is the annual opportunity to update your benefits coverage from October 23 to November 10, 2023, with changes taking effect January 1, 2024.
Changes to the Flexible Benefits Program for plan year 2024 include:
- Employee Basic Life Insurance Plan: The monthly premium for Employee Basic Life Insurance is decreasing from 12 cents to 9 cents per $1,000 of insurance
- Optional Family Funeral Benefit: The annual cost for coverage under the Family Funeral Benefit is decreasing from $27.96 to $25.92 annually
You'll receive an email on October 23 with instructions on how to update your coverage in Employee Self Service.
Learning centre offers flexible benefits webinar
One-hour benefits webinars, delivered via MS Teams, are available through the Learning Centre.
If you have questions or want to learn more about your benefits program, please consider attending one of these sessions.
New member website for Canada Life
Canada Life launched their new member website called My Canada Life at Work™. Use this website to access information about your extended health and dental plan and/or Deferred Salary Leave Program (if applicable).
Effective April 19, 2023, when you go to mycanadalifeatwork.com to sign into your GroupNet for Plan Members or GRS Access (if you are in the Deferred Salary Leave Program), you will be asked to review and accept the website’s terms and conditions to switch to My Canada Life at Work™. This only takes a few minutes.
You will notice changes in the page navigation, but the information remains the same. If you are enrolled in the Deferred Salary Leave Program, My Canada Life at Work™ allows you to access your extended health and dental information and your Deferred Salary Leave Program information.
If you have downloaded the GroupNet app to your mobile device, there are no changes to the app at this time. We will provide further communication in the future if this changes.
- Review moving over to My Canada Life at Work™ to learn how easy it is for members to switch to My Canada Life at Work
- Review register for My Canada Life at Work™ to learn how members who don’t have an online account yet can register
- Here are answers to some common questions your members may have
- If you have questions about the website, contact Canada Life’s technical support team at 1-888-222-0775, weekdays from 5 am to 5 pm PST
If you are a supervisor with employees covered under the Extended Health and Dental Plan or Deferred Salary Leave Program who are currently away on a short or long-term leave, please let them know about the new member website for Canada Life.
New claim notifications and digital explanation of benefits
Canada Life has made 3 updates on how you can receive information about your claims.
- New claim notifications
You’ll now be notified by text or email, instead of through the mail, when you get a prescription filled using your pay-direct drug card or when your health care provider submits a claim for you. These notifications will help you know when a claim has been made on your plan and serve as an additional layer of protection against potential fraud.
- Get your explanation of benefits online
You’ll now receive your explanation of benefits online through My Canada Life at Work when you get a prescription filled using your pay-direct drug card. This will replace the paper version you usually get in the mail and assist you with getting your information faster. If you haven’t signed up for electronic details through My Canada Life at Work, you'll continue to receive a paper copy.
- Find out how much you’ll be covered for dental work while you're at the dentist
When you require dental work, your dentist can submit a request for an estimate of coverage to Canada Life and receive a response back while you wait. You no longer need to wait to get a paper copy in the mail.
You can also contact Canada Life at 1-855-644-0538.