Pacific Leaders tuition grants for co-op employees
Last updated: January 13, 2023
The Pacific Leaders Tuition Grants for Co-op Employees Program supports recruitment in the BC Public Service.
On this page
How to submit
To submit your application for review, email your complete application package to Pacific Leaders.
You can view the checklist in the application form.
BC Public Service recognizes and encourages high achievement and is a place where dedicated employees receive the support to build rewarding and dynamic careers.
Under the Pacific Leaders Tuition Grants for Co-op Employees Program, co-op employees may apply for co-op work term tuition fee reimbursement of up to a maximum of $1,000 per term. Other tuition fees, university fees and books are not eligible.
Each ministry is responsible for funding Pacific Leaders tuition grants for co-op employees. The tuition grant reimbursement charge is recorded under STOB5220.
You're eligible to apply for the Pacific Leaders Tuition Grant for Co-op Students if you are:
- Enrolled in an accredited co-op education program at a participating post secondary institution. Review the complete list of participating post-secondary institutions on the following web sites:
- Currently participating in the Co-op Employment Program with a BC Public Service employer
Eligible employers include all ministries and provincial organizations that are enabled under the Public Service Act.
You aren't eligible if you work in the broader public sector, including:
- Provincial Health Authorities (such as Island Health)
- School districts and universities
- Crown Corporations (such as Community Living BC, BC Hydro)
- Other municipal or federal governments (including police)
These organizations have their own terms and conditions of employment.
- Apply for the Pacific Leaders Tuition Grants for Co-op Employees Program shortly after starting your work term
- If you're completing 2 or more consecutive co-op work terms, separate grant applications must be completed for each work term
- Complete the application form (PDF, 1MB)
- Before submitting your application, please review the checklist for applicants on the application form (PDF, 1MB) to ensure your application package is complete
- Email your complete application package to the Pacific Leaders mailbox
The BC Public Service Agency will review your application to assess your eligibility for the grant. If you meet the eligibility criteria, you and your expense authority will be notified by email within 4 weeks.
The BC Public Service Agency will contact you and/or your expense authority if they have questions while reviewing your grant application.
Any reimbursements are paid at the end of co-op work terms with the BC Public Service.
- The Pacific Leaders Tuition Grants for Co-op Employees Program is a taxable benefit that may affect your taxes
- Your reimbursement amount will be included on your B.C. government employment T4
- Please contact the Canada Revenue Agency or a tax professional if you need help with personal taxes
- As with all wages, scholarships and grants, the Pacific Leaders Tuition Grants for Co-op Employees Program may affect your student loan application and the amount of student loan funding you're eligible to receive
- For further BC student loan information and help, please contact StudentAidBC