Highway Safety Planning
TELL US WHAT YOU THINK!
Help us focus on what matters most to you.
What's great and where can we improve?
Highway planning is focused on the safety, mobility, and reliability performance of the highway system. Planning’s structured problem solving process is applied to identify the worst-performing locations, diagnose the root causes of the problem, and develop and evaluate a range of improvement options.
- Corridor Management Plan and Project Level In-Service Road Safety Review Guidelines (PDF, 667KB - August 8, 2018)
Guidelines on safety problem identification, problem definition, option development and option evaluation for corridor management plans and project level planning studies.
Provincial average collision rates, number of collisions and collision severity by service class and traffic volume range.
- Safety Data - 2012 to 2016 (XLS)
- Safety Data - 2009 to 2013 (XLS)
- Safety Data - 2006 to 2010 (XLS)
- Safety Data - 2003 to 2007 (XLS)
- Safety Data - 2001 to 2005 (XLS)
- Safety Data - 2000 to 2004 (XLS)
- Safety Data - 1999 to 2003 (XLS)
- Highway Safety Engineering
Collision information system, collision prediction models, collision modification factors, landmark kilometre inventory and safety & speed reports