Traffic Management for Work on Roadways
Updated! Appendix G in effect starting Feburary 2017.
Policies, specifications, standards and guidelines to be followed in the development of traffic control systems for the highway system in British Columbia for the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
Current standards for traffic control in British Columbia.
In 2019, the 2015 Interim Traffic Management Manual for Work on Roadways will be used for all new work on ministry roadways. It is being phased in over a three year period (2016-2019). This gives users time to update procedures, temporary traffic control equipment and resources. It gives time to develop training plans. Until 2019, it will be the governing requirement for ministry work only when called for within contract Special Provisions.
- Introduction of the 2015 Interim Traffic Management Manual for Work on Roadways Technical Circular (PDF, March 1, 2016)
- 2015 Interim Traffic Management Manual for Work on Roadways
- 1999 Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulations Part 18 Traffic Control (WorkSafeBC)
- Traffic Management Guidelines for Work on Roadways (PDF, September 2001)
- Intersection Drawing Route 15 at Route 10 (ZIP, 424 KB)
- Interchange Drawing Route 1 at Westview (ZIP, 3.90 MB)
- Technical Circulars
Circulars clarify, modify or introduce new practices in the application of technical issues.
- Technical Bulletins
Learn about new guidelines or instructions that are necessary prior to major updates to the manual.
- Local Area Specifications
Local area specifications outline the minimum acceptable standards of completed work unique to individual service areas.