Pedestrian Crossing Control Manual for British Columbia
Policies, specifications, standards and guidelines to be followed in the development of pedestrian crossings for the highway system in British Columbia for the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure.
- The Pedestrian Crossing Control Manual for British Columbia (PDF, 1.9MB, April 1994)
- Guidelines for side mounted, overhead, special crosswalk, pedestrian signals and pedestrian overpasses.
- General information on the use of school programs involving safest routing, guards and the training of guards.
- Information related to the fundamental concepts of traffic control, traffic control devices and current application practices.
- This manual interprets the Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Canada to aid in complying with the national standards.
- Technical Circulars
Circulars clarify, modify or introduce new practices in the application of technical issues.
- Technical Bulletins
Learn about new guidelines or instructions that are necessary prior to major updates to the manual.