The Competitive Selection Process
The procurement requirements for the 2018/2019 Highway Maintenance Agreements includes:
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) phase, including:
- Submission of organizational and quality management information in a pre-qualification process;
- Request for Proposals (RFP) phase, including:
- Submission of a consent of surety, bid bond (or irrevocable letter of credit), statutory declaration and an undertaking to provide liability insurance; and
- Submission of a maintenance services proposal and a price proposal.
Draft maintenance specifications are provided for reference and the final specimen highway maintenance agreement and maintenance specifications will be included in the procurement documents during the RFP phase.
Results of Recently Completed Competitive Selection Processes
From 2003-06, the Ministry of Transportation and Infrastructure began entering into 10-year agreements with maintenance contractors to provide highway maintenance services across the province.
In 2012, the ministry reached agreements with the BC Road Builders & Heavy Construction Association to extend 27 of the 28 existing highway maintenance agreements for an additional five years (mostly through to 2018-19). The highway maintenance agreement for Service Area 11 – East Kootenay was not extended. A new agreement began in September, 2016.