The Competitive Selection Process for Highway Maintenance Agreements
The procurement requirements for the 2018/2019 Highway Maintenance Agreements includes:
- Request for Qualifications (RFQ) phase, including:
- Submission of organizational and quality management information in a pre-qualification process;
- Request for Proposals (RFP) phase, including:
- Submission of a consent of surety, bid bond (or irrevocable letter of credit), statutory declaration and an undertaking to provide liability insurance; and
- Submission of a maintenance services proposal and a price proposal.
Results of Recently Completed Processes
2018/2019 Highway Maintenance Agreements
Procurement of the 26 service area contracts part of the 2018/2019 Highway Maintenance Agreements began in September 2017. Request for proposals (RFPs) for individual Service Areas began closing in March of 2018.
|2 - Central Island||Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting Limited Partnership, by its General Partner Mainroad Mid-Island Contracting Ltd.|
|3 - North Island||Mainroad North Island Contracting Limited Partnership, by its General Partner Mainroad North Island Contracting Ltd.|
|4 - Howe Sound||Miller Capilano Maintenance Corporation|
|9 - Kootenay Boundary||Yellowhead Road & Bridge (Kootenay Boundary) Ltd.|
|12 - Selkirk||EMCON Services Inc.|
|15 - Thompson||Argo Road Maintenance (Thompson) Inc.|
|24 - Lakes||Lakes District Maintenance Inc.|
|27 - North Coast||O'Brien Road & Bridge Maintenance Ltd.|
Service Area 11 (2016)
In 2012, the ministry reached agreements with the BC Road Builders & Heavy Construction Association to extend 27 of the 28 existing highway maintenance agreements for an additional five years (mostly through to 2018-19). The highway maintenance agreement for Service Area 11 – East Kootenay was not extended. A new agreement began in September, 2016.