Road Safety Rules & Consequences of Unsafe Driving
All drivers on our roads are expected to drive safely and encouraged to know and understand the rules. In this section you will learn what is expected of drivers and the various deterrents and educational programs in place for drivers who do not employ safe driving behaviour.
Below is a list of pages in this section of the website. You can also use the left hand navigation menu to view this information.
- Rules of the Road in B.C.
- Driving Without a Valid B.C. Driver's Licence
- Driving While Affected by Drugs or Alcohol
- Distractions While Driving – Cell Phones and Other Devices
- Distracted Driving Consultation
- Excessive Speeding and Careless Driving
- Street Racing and Stunting
- Vehicle Impoundment
- Child Safety
- Young Drivers and their Safety
- Seatbelts, Car Seats and Booster Seats
- Motorcycle Safety – the Rider and the Gear
- Keep Right, Let Others Pass
- Slow Down, Move Over
- Neighbourhood Golf Carts
- Publications, Legislation and Data
- Variable Speed Limits
- Organizational Structure and Partnerships