Register to Collect PST Online
Register to collect PST online through eTaxBC, accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can register to collect PST at any time that is convenient for you. The registration process will take approximately 15 to 25 minutes. Your registration can take up to 21 business days to be processed.
If you do not have access to a computer, you can register online at any Service BC Centre using their computers.
You’ll need the following information handy.
- Your federal business number (BN), if you have one - if you don't have one yet, this process will create one for you
- If you have a BN, a recent copy of a GST return to verify information about your business
- Your driver’s licence number or BC ID number, if you are a sole proprietor, or for all partners in a partnership
- Your incorporation number, if your business is incorporated
- Your liquor licence number (for each location), if you sell liquor
- Your cannabis retail store licence number (for each location), if you sell non-medical cannabis
- Your proof of your status as a licensed producer from the Government of Canada, if you sell medical cannabis at retail
- Your motor dealer number, if you sell or lease motor vehicles
- Your property location addresses, if you sell accommodation
- The addresses of all your business locations, if you sell liquor
- The amount of your total annual national (Canadian) sales, or the estimated amount if you have been in business less than 12 months
- The amount of your anticipated monthly taxable sales/leases
If you’re the owner of a business with multiple locations, you’ll need to decide before you start if you want to register all your locations under one PST account or under separate PST accounts.
If you register all your locations under one account, this means you will have one PST registration number that covers all your locations and you will file one PST return each reporting period.
If you register your locations separately, you will have multiple PST registration numbers and you will file multiple PST returns each reporting period – one for every location you register.
When you’re done with the registration process, you can continue on to enrol for access to eTaxBC where you can file and pay PST and manage your PST accounts online. No more paper forms.