Submit documents to support your property tax deferment application
When you apply to defer your taxes, you'll need to upload supporting documentation with your application if you're applying:
- On behalf of a registered owner
- As a surviving spouse (Regular Program only)
- As a person with disabilities or as a parent or stepparent of a person with disabilities
Applying on behalf of a registered owner
You may apply on behalf of a qualifying registered owner if you have Power of Attorney for that person. You must upload a copy of this document when prompted in the application. Provide your current mailing address, if different than the document. You’ll only have to provide this document to us once unless otherwise requested.
Applying as a surviving spouse
If you're a surviving spouse, you must upload a copy of your deceased spouse's death certificate when prompted in the application. Remove the deceased from the property title before you apply. Property titles that are not updated through LTSA may be rejected.
Applying as a person with disabilities or as a parent or stepparent of a person with disabilities
If you're a person with disabilities or a parent or stepparent of a person with disabilities, you must upload one of the following documents when prompted in the application:
- Confirmation of Assistance, or other documentation from the Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction confirming your Persons with Disabilities designation, or
- Physician Certification Form (FIN 58) (PDF), completed and signed by a physician