Tools for Fuel Management
In preparing to develop a treatment plan to mitigate wildfire threat near values at risk, users may find the below suite of tools helpful in quantifying threat, developing treatment options, and prescribing a treatment plan.
- One Mile Hill Fuel Management Prescription
- Reid Road Fuel Management Prescription
- Walkerville Fuel Management Prescription
- Owl Ridge Fuel Management Prescription
- D'Arcy Fuel Management Prescription
- Cheakamus Canyon Fuel Management Prescription
- Mackenzie Basin Fuel Management Prescription
- Gates Lake Fuel Treatment
- Garibaldi Park Road Fuel Treatment
- Penticton Falls Fuel Treatment
Currently, the Wildfire Risk Reduction protocol calls for Forestry Consultants to develop stand treatment prescriptions to meet wildfire behaviour targets for wildfire risk reduction. The wildfire behaviour targets are developed for conditions at the 90th percentile Forest Fire Weather Index values. The newly developed 90th percentile calculator provides a consistent rationale and dataset for calculating this percentile.
- 90th Percentile Calculator
*this tool does not work in Internet Explorer
For further information on this product, please contact Dana.Hicks@gov.bc.ca
Stocking standards provide the basic linkage between the harvest of a forest stand and the regeneration of a new stand. The purpose of a fire management stocking standard is to develop and maintain forest stand conditions that achieve fire management objectives. This commonly means reducing fire behaviour by reducing the likelihood of crown fire and/or fast-moving high intensity ground fire.
- 2020 Wildfire Threat Assessment Guide & Worksheets (PDF, 1.9 MB)
- Wildfire Threat Assessment Fuel Change Rationale Form (DOC, 17.5 KB)
- Wildfire Threat Assessment Photo Guide (DOC, 19.0 KB)
- Determining Wildfire Threat and Risk at a Local Level (PDF, 302 KB)