How Do I Clear My Internet Browser History?
Use this banner to exit this site quickly
As you visit different websites, everything you view is saved (or cached) in your browser.
The purpose of the cache is to remember the websites visited so that they load faster upon return. However, without clearing your browser history, someone who uses the same computer, will be able to see what websites were visited during your session.
Use the following instructions to clear the history from your browser on your desktop computer. There is also information for clearing the history on your tablet or mobile device
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7
- Open the Microsoft Internet Explorer browser
- Click Tools in the upper right-hand corner
- Select Internet Options from the dropdown menu
- On the General tab, in the Browsing history section, click the Delete button.
- Check the boxes of the data you'd like to clear.
- Click Delete.
- Open the Firefox browser
- Click Menu in the top right-hand corner of the screen
- Click the History button
- Click the Clear recent history option
- Select an option for Time range to clear
- Click the arrow for Details and select the options to have cleared
- Click the Clear Now button
- Open the Chrome Browser
- Click the Menu icon located near the top-right side of the browser window
- Move your mouse over More tools and select Clear browsing data
- Select how far back in your history you want to delete. You can choose from the past hour, the past day, the past week, the last four weeks, and the beginning of time
- Select the types of history you would like to delete by checking or unchecking boxes on this list
- Click the Clear browsing data button to delete the selected history for the chosen period.