B.C. Policing & Community Safety Plan
The B.C. Policing and Community Safety Plan (PDF) was developed with British Columbians, community leaders, local governments and police. It presents a framework against which decisions about policing will be made now and in the future.
The B.C. Policing Plan Regional Roundtables Summary Report (PDF) provides a comprehensive review of feedback from the community service providers, local governments, First Nations and police who attended nine regional roundtables on policing. Feedback from individual events is available here:
- Round Table #1 - Capital Area (Victoria) (PDF)
- Round Table #2 - Vancouver Island North (Nanaimo) (PDF)
- Round Table #3 - Thompson Okanagan (Kelowna) (PDF)
- Round Table #4 - Northeast and Cariboo (Prince George) (PDF)
- Round Table #5 - Greater Vancouver (Vancouver) (PDF)
- Round Table #6 - Greater Vancouver and Fraser Valley (Surrey) (PDF)
- Round Table #7 - North Coast and Nechako (Prince Rupert) (PDF)
- Round Table #8 - Kootenay (Cranbrook) (PDF)
- Round Table #9 - Northeast & Cariboo (Fort St. John) (PDF)
The 2012 Survey of British Columbians (PDF, 1.3 MB) is about British Columbians’ perception of public safety, crime and policing in their communities and across the province. It was conducted as part of the B.C. Policing and Community Safety Plan (PDF).