Victim Service Workers
Victim service workers are trained to help deal with the impact of being a victim of crime.
To get information, support and a referral to a victim service worker, call VictimLinkBC.
Victims and witnesses can call VictimLink whether or not they have reported the crime to police.
A victim service worker can provide support services such as:
- Helping victims talk to police
- Providing information about the criminal justice system, including help with peace bonds and protection orders
- Providing court support, including going to court with victims
- Helping complete a Crime Victim Assistance Program application to apply for benefits
- Helping to understand and prepare a Victim Impact Statement and an emergency safety plan
- Talking about the experience and helping people deal with emotions arising from being a victim of crime
- Notifiying victims about the status of offenders in custody at provincial institutions
To speak with a victim service worker and learn more about how they can help, please call VictimLinkBC.