Information and services are available in many languages to support people with diverse cultural backgrounds, including immigrants and refugees, who become involved in the criminal justice system in B.C.
Court interpreters are available to support you in the courtroom. You can request a language court interpreter if English is not your first language and you need help understanding it.
A visual court interpreter can be requested if you are deaf or hard of hearing. See Courthouse Services for more information and to request a court interpreter.
Translation and Support Services
- Affiliation of Multicultural Societies and Service Agencies of B.C.
- Immigrant Services Society of B.C.
- Immigration and Citizenship Canada
- Safe Harbour
- Society of Translators and Interpreters of B.C.
- Settlement Orientation Services (SOS)
- Westcoast Association of Visual Language Interpreters
Free online translation resources that can translate words from English into many other languages are available: