Chilliwack Firewood Permit Information
To qualify for a Free Use Permit, you must not own or occupy land where there is sufficient timber that is reasonably accessible for use as firewood.
- The firewood is for personal use only and can not be sold to others.
- If you wish to collect firewood in the Chilliwack River Valley you will be required to obtain a Letter of Agreement (Permit) from the Ts’elweyeqw Forestry Limited Partnership as well as the Free Use Permit.
- The term of the Free Use Permit is 1 year or less. (For permits in the Chilliwack River Valley, the term will be stated in the Ts’elweyeqw Forestry Limited Partnership’s Letter of Agreement).
- The Free Use Permit is limited to only FIVE cords (approx. 18 m3 or 12 regular pickup loads).
- Only one Free Use Permit per household is allowed.
- The Free Use Permit will only be valid if the name and address on the Free Use Permit and Letter of Agreement (only applicable if collecting in the Chilliwack River Valley) match the name and address on your driver’s licence.
- Cutting is confined to the area outlined on the Free Use Permit map or on the map included with the Letter of Agreement if you are collecting in the Chilliwack River Valley. You can only choose one map per Free Use Permit.
- The Vedder Mountain area is only for collecting firewood from dead and down trees adjacent to (30 metres each side of the road) the Vedder Mountain Forest Service Road as shown on the Vedder Mountain area map.
- The Chilliwack River Valley area is only for collecting firewood from dead and down logging debris (no standing trees may be cut).
Please note that a 4X4 vehicle is highly recommended to access these areas.
To use this on-line application process, you must:
Have a personal e-mail address, or have access to an e-mail address.
The permit, in this process, will be sent to your e-mail address for viewing and printing.
If you wish to collect firewood in the Vedder Mountain area, use and print the Vedder Mountain area map. This map must be attached to the Free Use Permit that will be sent to you in an e-mail.
If you wish to collect firewood in the Chilliwack River Valley, use the following contact information to obtain a Letter of Agreement (permit) from the Ts’elweyeqw Forestry Limited Partnership. Please note that it is important to contact the Ts’elweyeqw Forestry Limited Partnership before going to their office to obtain you letter of agreement.
Building 8A – 7201 Vedder Road,
Chilliwack, B.C. V2R 4G5
Phone: (604) 824-2692
Fax: (604) 824-1247 or www.ttml.ca
If you qualify and have obtained a map (if you are collecting in the Vedder Mountain area) your Free Use Permit may be obtained by completing the Online Form
Important: Once you have obtained your Free Use Permit, maps and if applicable, your Letter of Agreement, all the documents must be on site when collecting the firewood and in the vehicle when transporting the firewood.