Mineral Development Office
The Mineral Development Office (MDO) is the Vancouver base of the British Columbia Geological Survey. The MDO links the Survey with the more than 800 global exploration and mining companies headquartered in Vancouver.
The Mineral Development Office distributes British Columbia Geological Survey data and provides technical information and expertise about mineral opportunities to the investment community. It also coordinates the exploration and mining reviews produced each year by the Regional Geologists.
Mineral Development Office Publications
Annual Summaries of Exploration and Mining
- Provincial Overview of Exploration and Mining in British Columbia, 2017
- British Columbia Coal Industry Overview, 2017
B.C. Minerals and Coal Industry
- British Columbia Minerals and Coal Industry Brochure
- Opportunities to Explore
Mineral Commodities Brochures
- Copper Information Circular
- Gold Information Circular
- Molybdenum Information Circular
- Coal Information Circular
- Nickel Information Circular
- Jade Information Circular
- Zinc Information Circular
- Rare Metals Information Circular
B.C.'s Regional Geologists & the Mineral Development Office
Regional Geologists are based in Smithers, Prince George, Kamloops, Cranbrook, and Vancouver. They monitor exploration and mining activities, and provide expertise to prospectors and mineral exploration companies. They also work in their communities to enhance understanding of local geoscience and foster a healthy and prosperous minerals sector.
Recent Exploration and Mining Presentations
British Columbia Geological Survey Publications
Reports, maps, results of ongoing work, and extensive multidisciplinary databases produced by the Survey can be downloaded from the publications catalogue.