VRI Data Standards
VRI Data Dictionary
This document describes all the collected, calculated and derived vri attributes within the Veg Comp Poly Rank 1 data Model.
Forest Management Land Base Definition
Forest Management Land Base Indicator (FMLB) is an attribute field to indicate whether the polygon is forested or has been forested and is capable of producing a stand of trees. This allows the user to filter out polygons that are traditionally considered non-productive such as lakes, rock and alpine. Polygons that have harvest history are included in the FMLB as well as any polygon with a site index greater than or equal to 5.
Ownership and Schedule Code (F_Own)
This document describes ownership and schedule codes. Data was created as legislation requires that the Chief Forester and the Provincial Government know the forest inventory of the Province. Data is intended for timber supply analysis and high level resource management planning.
- Generalized Forest Cover Ownership Layer 2019 (PDF) (August 2019)
- F Own Layer Priority and Data Sources (PDF) (2019)
Consolidated Cut Blocks
The consolidated cut blocks dataset spatially depicts crown land cut blocks across the Province of British Columbia and provides the estimated year of harvest for each cut block. It was designed to spatially combine the cut blocks identified in the VRI (i.e. VEG_COMP_POLY dataset) with the cut blocks for other sources that have not yet been included into the VRI but are known to exist. The additional cut blocks are taken from the RESULTS database and the Landsat Change Detection dataset (produced annually by the Forest Analysis and Inventory Branch).
VDYP Table Information
- VDYP Input Table Attributes for Layer (CSV) and Poly (CSV)
- VDYP Input Table (CSV) Attributes and Attribute Data Description (EXCEL)
This document describes all the attributes required to run VDYP.
VRI Map Standards
VRI and NFI Compiler Data Dictionary
VRI Data Models and Documents
This document describes each VRI data set and lists the attribute links and it's relationship to each other.
This document describes each VRI data set and lists the attribute links and it's relationship to each other. As well, it discuss how to join history and RESULTS tables.
Forest Inventory Planning FIle (FIP)
- FIP Relational Data Dictionary version 2 (PDF)
- Structure of the FIP file (EXCEL)
- Attribute Map from FIP to VRI
Historical Forest Inventory
- Continuous Forest Inventory of British Columbia - Initial Phase 1957 (August 1958) (PDF)
- Continuous Forest Inventory of British Columbia - Supplementary Tables (1) (September 1959) (PDF)
- Forest Inventory Statistics of British Columbia 1973 (September 1975) PDF