PMFL Program Public Engagement
As part of the the Private Managed Forest Land Program review, British Columbians were invited to make written submissions in Word or PDF format. These submissions were summarized in a report that was publicly released in November 2019.
- Read the What We Heard Summary Report of the public input received
Written submissions were to be no more than five pages in length and submitters were asked to keep their comments focused to the Private Managed Forest Land Program. All submissions were considered in the analysis of this project, however, submitters were able to clearly indicate if they wished for their submission to be kept confidential.
Only submissions that met the following criteria were to be considered acceptable:
- Does not contain profanity or is defamatory, threatening, hateful, personally disparaging, harassing, indecent, vulgar, obscene, illegal, immoral or sexually explicit (partially masking profanity or other unacceptable language by substituting asterisks or other symbols into a word is not acceptable if the word remains recognizable);
- Does not appear to, or does actually, infringe the copyright, trade-mark, right of privacy, right of publicity or any other intellectual property or other proprietary right of any third party;
- Does not contain information about, or images (e.g., photographs, videos or illustrations) of, any person other than the person submitting the content;
- Does not advertise any product, person or organization, or directs attention to another website for personal gain;
- Does not provide links to, or information about, other sites that contain unlawful, objectionable or inappropriate content;
- Does not makes unproven or unsupported accusations against individuals, groups or organizations;
- Does not appear to be spam-like messaging, a repeat posting or a template letter writing campaign; and
- Is not far off-topic.
The Province reserved the right to decide on whether a submission met the above criteria and was considered acceptable.
The written submissions from private managed forest landowners and First Nations, while listed in the 'What We Heard' summary report, are not posted as per their request to maintain the confidentiality of the content of their submissions.