Fee in Lieu of Manufacture
All export fees are to be paid to the government for timber exported under an exemption and are non-refundable. Note that no fee is due for timber/logs with a Canadian destination and fee rates for blanket Order in Council (OIC) exemptions are specific to each exemption.
Fees for the interior zone and all deciduous timber
For all deciduous timber and timber under Ministerial exemption in the interior zones (all areas in the Province outside the coastal zone) the Fee in Lieu (FiL) of manufacture remains at the minimum base rate of $1.00/m3 for all species and grades.
Fees for the coastal zone
For timber under Ministerial exemption in the coastal zone the FiL is calculated individually by timber mark, species and grade, and is based on domestic log values.
For coastal BCTS Timber Sale Licences (TSLs) advertised on or after July 1, 2019, a variable FiL policy is in effect, based on the appraised Estimated Winning Bid (EWB) of the TSL. The FiL percentage will be identified in the Safety and Highlights report for each TSL and is in effect for the duration of the TSL.
Coast wide implementation of the variable FiL was effective December 15, 2020 to align with an update to the Coast Market Pricing System (MPS).
- Coast Fee in Lieu of Manufacturing Policy, as of January 5, 2022 (PDF, 160KB)
- Coast FiL Questions and Answers January 5, 2022 (PDF, 205KB)
Coast Domestic Log Values
Effective March 1, 2013, the coast domestic log values are combined old and second growth log prices that create one blended, volume-weighted average price, by species, by grade, for the latest 3-month data available at the beginning of each month.
- Fee in Lieu of Manufacture Rates, as of March 1, 2013 (PDF 3.2MB)
- Fee in Lieu of Manufacture Refund Policy, as of April 30, 2006 (PDF, 10KB)
Since March 2013, domestic log value tables are updated and posted monthly.
- February 2023 (PDF, 114KB) (CSV, 2KB)
- January 2023 (PDF, 114KB) (CSV, 2 KB)
- January through December 2022 (PDF, 256KB) (CSV, 24KB)
- January through December 2021 (PDF, 259KB) (CSV, 24KB)
- January through December 2020 (PDF, 2.1MB) (CSV, 24KB)
- January through December 2019 (PDF, 222KB) (CSV, 24KB)
- January through December 2018 (PDF, 132KB) (CSV, 24KB)
- January through December 2017 (PDF, 134KB) (CSV, 24KB)
- January through December 2016 (PDF, 133KB) (CSV, 24KB)
- January through December 2015 (PDF, 171KB) (CSV, 24KB)
- January through December 2014 (PDF, 265KB) (CSV, 24KB)
- March through December 2013 (PDF, 298KB) (CSV, 18KB)