Innovative Clean Energy (ICE) Fund
The ICE Fund is a Special Account, funded through a levy on certain energy sales, designed to support the Province's energy, economic, environmental and greenhouse gas reduction priorities, and to advance B.C.'s clean energy sector.
Since 2008, the ICE Fund has committed approximately $104 million to support pre-commercial clean energy technology projects, clean energy vehicles, research and development, and energy efficiency programs.
Successful ICE Fund partnerships have included universities, First Nations, municipalities and many emerging clean tech companies across British Columbia. Technology demonstrations have included bioenergy, solar, ocean tidal, geo-exchange, desalination, energy management, smart grid and waste-to-energy.
Under its current three year spending plan for 2018/19 to 2020/21, ICE Fund supported initiatives include:
- B.C. Renewable & Low Carbon Fuel Requirements
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation Programs
- B.C. - NRCan ISO 50001 Implementation Incentive
- High Performance Window Certification Program
- High Performance Builder Training
- CleanBC Better Buildings
- Public Sector Energy Partnerships
- Transportation Energy Solutions
On March 13, 2017, the Province announced a $40 million partnership to support the development of pre-commercial clean energy projects and technologies over three years. To learn more, visit: