PARP COVID-19 Response
PARP COVID-19 Response - Plan for 2022 Property Assessment Review Panel hearings
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Property Assessment Review Panel has established and implemented a PARP COVID-19 Response Plan in order to ensure that we maintain access to our complaint/appeal process.
In order to ensure the ongoing safety and health of the general public, BC Assessment staff and our Property Assessment Review Panel members, we have undertaken the following measures related to the administration of property assessment complaints and hearings for PARP 2022.
The primary method for Property Assessment Review Panel hearings in 2022 will be by use of the PARP Online Evidence Submission System and Teleconference. No in-person hearings will be conducted in 2022 in order to protect the health of all participants.
- The deadline to file a property assessment complaint with the assessor is February 1, 2022.
- All Property Assessment Review Panels hearings will take place on selected dates beginning no sooner than February 1, 2022 and conclude on March 15, 2022.
- In most cases, hearings will be conducted by teleconference and on-line evidence submission; on-line evidence submission only (no teleconference participation) or written submission.
- Property Assessment Review Panels do not provide written reasons for their decisions; verbal reasons for decisions are provided at the conclusion of the hearing only; if you participate via teleconference, you will be able to hear the reasons for the Panel decision.
- The PARP Online Evidence Submission System or POESS can be found at www.parponlineevidencesubmission.gov.bc.ca. To upload evidence you will need the Assessment Roll Number and Confidential PIN found on your 2022 Assessment Notice sent to you by BC Assessment in January 2022.
- If you require assistance in uploading evidence to the PARP Online Evidence Submission System or POESS, PARP Administration Office staff will assist as necessary and able but cannot prepare or provide evidence for participants. Staff can be reached at (250) 356-7535 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ensure that you provide your Assessment Roll Number and contact information in your email or phone message.
These measures will be updated as required in order to ensure that we are in compliance with orders and directions of the Provincial Health Officer and WorkSafe BC.
We appreciate your understanding, patience and compliance with these measures.
Steve Feldman, PARP Administrator