BC Driver's Licence and Services Card
You can get a combined BC Driver's Licence and Services Card the next time you renew your driver's licence if you
- Are 19 years old or older
- Are already enroled in the Medical Services Plan (MSP)
- Qualify for a driver's licence*
* Except if you have the Enhanced Driver's Licence (EDL) - it can't be combined with a BC Services Card. Get a Photo BC Services Card instead.
How to Get this Card
Next time you renew your driver's licence, follow these steps to get a BC Driver's Licence and Services Card.
See the Card
1. BC Driver’s Licence and Services Card
The card is both a driver’s licence and a BC Services Card.
The first, middle, and last name of the individual.
3. Card Issued Date
The date an individual had their identity verified at an ICBC driver licensing office.
4. Card Expiry Date
Renew your card by this date.
5. Driver’s Licence Number
6. Date of Birth
7. Magnetic Stripe
Used by card readers, it contains the same information that appears on the card.
8. Personal Health Number
A unique number assigned by the Ministry of Health to eligible beneficiaries.
Used by scanners, it contains the same information that appears on the card.
10. Card Serial Number
11. Driver Licensing Restrictions
Details in this area relate to your driver’s licence.
Every BC Services Card has a chip embedded in it. Learn more about chip technology.