Our Plan: Childcare BC
B.C. is taking important steps to deliver quality and affordable child care to more families. Learn more about what we're doing to reduce child care fees for parents, build more licensed spaces, and increase supports for those working in the sector.
Universal Child Care
B.C. is on the path to universal child care. Learn more about the changes to child care that will be rolled out over the next few years.
Early Childhood Educators
We know kids learn the most from birth to five years old. By investing in the training, recruitment and retention of Early Childhood Educators across the province, our government is working to improve access to quality child care for B.C.'s families.
Early Learning and Child Care Agreement
Child Care Awards
The Child Care Awards of Excellence honour the outstanding achievements of those who provide or support the delivery of exceptional early care and learning services.
Understand how the Affordable Child Care Benefit works with the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative to save you money.
- How the Affordable Child Care Benefit + the Child Care Fee Reduction Initiative work together (PDF)
- Single or two-parent family with infant, income up to $45K (JPG)
- Single parent with toddler, with $50K income (JPG)
- Two-parent family with toddler, income of $50K (JPG)
- Single or two-parent family with infant + 4 year old, income of $80K (JPG)
- Two-parent family with infant, income of $100K (JPG)
Affordable Child Care Benefit Brochure
Brochures in additional languages (PDF):