Northeast Region Wildlife
Webpage last updated: 3 August, 2017
The Northeast Region encompasses the Fort Nelson Natural Resource District and Peace Natural Resource District.
This section contains reports, maps and best management practices for wildlife and wildlife habitat in the Northeast Region. Please refer to the Resources section in the right column for links to other useful webpages and documents.
- Boreal Caribou Guidance (PDF)
- GIS Shapefiles: Are available on the DataBC website
- The BC Research and Effectiveness Monitoring Board (REMB) has conducted research on boreal caribou since 2012. Research includes population monitoring, predator monitoring, habitat use, habitat restoration, and a number of other topics. Reports and data produced through this research are available at the BC Oil and Gas Research and Innovation Society.
- Central Mountain Caribou Guidance (PDF)
- Standardized Industry Management Practices (SIMPs) (PDF)
- Guidance for working in High Elevation Winter Range;
- Central Mountain Caribou Habitat Areas:
- High Elevation Winter Range
- High Elevation Summer Range
- Low Elevation Winter Range
- Matrix Habitat
- Available Industrial Areas (PDF)
- Northern Mountain Caribou
- Babcock Creek Draft Hydrological Review (PDF)
- Callazon Creek Draft Hydrological Review (PDF)
- Chamberlain Creek Draft Hydrological Review (PDF)
- Gordon Creek Draft Hydrological Review (PDF)
- Huguenot Creek Draft Hydrological Review (PDF)
- Kinuseo Creek Draft Hydrological Review (PDF)
- Watershed Risk Assessment Presentation (PDF)