Accessing the BC Carbon Registry
The BC Carbon Registry enables the issuance, transfer and retirement of compliance units, including offset units. These may be used by regulated operations to meet requirement or by the B.C. government to satisfy its carbon neutral commitments.
All registry users must apply for an account on the registry before submitting documents for review and acceptance or transacting units.
The BC Carbon Registry account application process includes the following steps:
- Confirm they are eligible to apply for an account on the BC Carbon Registry – either a regulated operation, an emission offset project proponent, or a validator or verifier of emission offset projects.
- Read the BC Carbon Registry Terms & Conditions (PDF)
- Complete the online BC Carbon Registry Application
- Accept the above BC Carbon Registry Terms & Conditions
- Receipt of the application will be confirmed from the BC Carbon Registry Service Provider (email@example.com). Additional information may be requested depending on the application type.
- When the application is complete, it will be reviewed by the BC Carbon Registry Administrator at the BC Ministry of Environment (GHGRegulator@gov.bc.ca).
- Applicants will receive an account approval email from the BC Carbon Registry Administrator that will include login details and assistance with using the BC Carbon Registry.
For questions about the registry account application information requirements, contact the BC Carbon Registry Service Provider at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions about the registry account application review process or regulatory requirements, contact GHGRegulator@gov.bc.ca