How to apply to the CleanBC Industrial Incentive Program
To participate in the CleanBC Industrial Incentive Program (CIIP), industrial operators that report under the Greenhouse Gas Industrial Reporting and Control Act (GGIRCA) and meet the eligibility requirements can submit an application during the annual application window.
To apply, an eligible industrial operator must:
- Submit their GHG emissions report by May 31, 2023, through the Single Window Reporting System (SWRS)
- Submit their CIIP application by June 30, 2023 through the CIIP Web Application
To streamline the CIIP application process, a custom, open-source business intelligence software was developed through user research and partnering with industry. All applicable information reported through the Single Window Reporting System is automatically pre-filled in the CIIP Web Application.
May 9 and 10, 2023: Clean Growth Workshop
May 23, 2023: CIIP Web Application system opens
May 31, 2023: Deadline for industrial GHG reporting via SWRS
June 30, 2023: Last day to submit CIIP applications
Eligibility for CIIP
The CleanBC Industrial Incentive Program is open to all industrial operations that:
- Are required to report under the Greenhouse Gas Industrial Reporting and Control Act (GGIRCA). This generally applies to industrial operations that emit more than 10,000 tonnes of carbon dioxide equivalent (CO2e) per year
- Have taken all reasonable measures to comply with the requirements under GGIRCA
- Do not operate in an ineligible sector as listed below
For further details on the eligibility requirements see the General Application Guidance. Businesses outside of these requirements are currently not eligible for CIIP.
Industrial operations in sectors not eligible for CIIP may still be eligible to apply for project funding under the CleanBC Industry Fund.
|Sector||Facility Type||NAICS* Code|
|Natural Gas Distribution||Natural Gas Distribution||221210|
|Waste Treatment||Sewage Treatment Facilities||221320|
|Waste Treatment||Waste Treatment and Disposal||562210|
|Electricity||Fossil fuel electric power generation||221112|
|Electricity||Electric bulk power transmission and control||221121|
|Electricity||Electricity import operations|
|Electricity||Hydro electric power generation facilities||221111|
|Electricity||Other Electric power generation facilities||221119|
*North American Industry Classification System
Learn more about how the program works.
Guidance materials, tools and sector benchmarks.