Canada-B.C. Water Quality Agreement
The Canada-B.C. Water Quality Monitoring Agreement, signed in 1985, coordinates and integrates Canada and B.C.’s water quality monitoring activities. The Agreement allows us to:
- efficiently operate the long-term water quality river network;
- deliver timely, comparable, water quality data in an open and transparent format;
- jointly manage and assess water quality data and information;
- provide water quality information on a national and provincial scale through reports such as the National Freshwater Quality Indicator under the Canadian Environmental Sustainability Indicators program, and provincial water quality reporting; and,
- engage with Indigenous Peoples increasing capacity and fostering collaborative water stewardship.