Spill Response Plans
These response plans and guides have been prepared by the B.C. Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy.
Industrial Spill Response Plans
Industry facilities that store, manufacture, transport, recycle or handle dangerous goods, hazardous wastes, or hazardous chemicals should prepare a response (contingency) plan to respond to an accidental release of these substances into the environment. These guidelines help owners and operators of industrial facilities develop emergency response plans for a timely and effective response to environmental emergencies.
Provincial Spill Response Plans
- Incident Command System (PDF)
- BC Emergency Response Management System (BCERMS)
- Unified Command - Joining Forces
- A First Nations Guide to Environmental Emergencies (PDF)
Information on oil spills, their effects and impacts, as well as the Marine Oil Spill Response System that helps guide spill response.
- Fate, Effect, Behavior and Environmental Impacts as the Products Weather (PDF)
- B.C. Marine Oil Spill Response Information System (OSIRIS)