Director Must Consider Written Report and Responses - Act Part 10, Section 78.2
This section does not apply to complaints received before August 15, 2021.
The Director must consider the written report and responses.
Note: Section 78.2 only applies to complaints received on or after August 15, 2021.
78.2 In making a determination of a complaint, other than a decision under section 76 (1.1) or (3), the director must consider the written report referred to in section 78.1 (1) (a) and all responses provided to the director under section 78.1 (2).
A transitional provision in section 40 of Bill 8 – 2019: Employment Standards Amendment Act, 2019 provides that complaints received and not resolved before the date this section came into force (August 15, 2021) are not subject to it.
Transitional provisions connect former legislation and new amendments. Find out more about recent transitional provisions and consequential amendments to the Employment Standard Act and Regulation.
Related sections of the Act or Regulation
- s.1, Definition “determination”
- s.1, Definition “settlement agreement”
- s.1, Definition “wages”
- s.2, Purposes of this Act
- s.74, Complaint and time limit
- s.79, Determinations and consequences
- s.87, Lien for unpaid wages
- s.88, Payment of interest
- s.89, Demand on third party
- s.90, Failure to comply with demand
- s.91, Determination or order may be filed and enforced as judgment
- s.92, Seizure of assets
- s.93, Release of assets
- s.94, Wrongful removal of seized assets
- s.95, Associated employers
- s.96, Corporate officer’s liability for unpaid wages
- s.99, If money is paid to director