Security workers and security businesses online applications
Internet Explorer version 11 is required, other types of browsers at older versions may experience problems.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, fingerprint requirements are waived for security worker licence applicants
- Police and RCMP detachments may temporarily be unable to complete fingerprinting requests. Security Services Licensing understands that the inability to complete fingerprinting requirements may cause undue hardship on applicants and may delay provision of public safety services
- Applicants who cannot submit fingerprinting due to the pandemic will be asked to submit fingerprinting at a later date, once fingerprinting services re-open
Due to a pandemic-related pause in JIBC’s Advanced Security Training course offerings, the Registrar of Security Services Act is extending restraints endorsements on security worker licences under certain conditions. Please read the following letter to see if you qualify. AST Restraint Endorsement Extension Letter
- Apply for a New Licence – If you've never held a security worker licence before.
- Apply for New Licence (Expired) – If your licence has expired, you will have to apply for a new one. In order to apply online, you must first call Security Programs for a secure access code.
- Renew, Update, Replace a Current Licence – You need a secure access code in order to renew your licence online. The access code is in your reminder letter from the Registrar. If you do not have the code, call Security Programs.
You can apply for a security business licence online. Visit BCeID and create an account. Once you have created an account, send an email requesting a subscription code to email@example.com. Include your:
- Business’s name
- Manager’s name and contact information and
- The email address to send the code to