Liquor legislation and regulations
Liquor acts and regulations
For liquor, the Liquor and Cannabis Regulation Branch (LCRB) is regulated under the:
The LCRB operates within the legislative framework provided by the
- Liquor Distribution Act
- Liquor Distribution Regulation
- Canada Importation of Intoxicating Liquors Act
Liquor from other provinces
The Liquor Possession Regulation outlines the rules for individuals bringing liquor into B.C. from another province.
Liquor enforcement provisions
The Violation Ticket Administration and Fines Regulation (VTAF) outlines
- The type of enforcement officers that may enforce provisions of the LCLA and LCLR
- The provisions they may enforce
- Details about LCLA offences
- See Schedule 2 for ticketed amounts
Delegation of authority
The LCLA Delegation of Authority (PDF, 403KB) delegates specific General Manager’s powers and duties under the LCLA to peace officers.
Cannabis and liquor licensed businesses and events
Read Cannabis Information for Liquor Licensees and Permittees (PDF, 339KB) to find out how cannabis rules relate to liquor licensed business and events.